Political forum

Chat it up about everything related to owning a forum. Give your advice to other forum owners about what to do in certain situations, etc.
Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

Creating a political forum is a good idea or bad idea?

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

Weboogle wrote:
1 year ago
Creating a political forum is a good idea or bad idea?
I'd use my own discretion if I were you. Politics are a seriously touchy subject for loads of people, and there are people like me who prefer not to take sides at all...to stay out of it, which is why I don't even participate in political discussions here too often.

MeowsePad
Forum Technician

Post by MeowsePad »

I think it can be good if there is a good ideological balance. If not, it can become a massacre.
Please vote for MeowsePad.org in the championship! https://forumpromotion.net/forum/thread ... et.163908/

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

Yes, politics is a very sensitive topic.

jasony

Post by jasony »

Politics can be a good idea for some people. However, certain people simply get on folk's bad side. Well, it might not be the person's fault. It's just the way people are. Anyway, politics isn't good for business - so I wouldn't advise a business - unless it's targeting a political base, to get into it.

Anyway, I'm not the person - generally speaking, who hates someone for political views - but a lot of people are.

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

jasony wrote:
1 year ago
Politics can be a good idea for some people. However, certain people simply get on folk's bad side. Well, it might not be the person's fault. It's just the way people are. Anyway, politics isn't good for business - so I wouldn't advise a business - unless it's targeting a political base, to get into it.

Anyway, I'm not the person - generally speaking, who hates someone for political views - but a lot of people are.
Of course, you'd have to approach the subject the right way too, wouldn't you?

jasony

Post by jasony »

Ashley wrote:
1 year ago
jasony wrote:
1 year ago

Well, even that isn't good enough for a lot of people!

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

jasony wrote:
1 year ago
Ashley wrote:
1 year ago
jasony wrote:
1 year ago

:lol: very true unfortunately. You can be as sensitive as humanly possible and it still wouldn't take long for things to go south

jasony

Post by jasony »

Ashley wrote:
1 year ago
jasony wrote:
1 year ago
Ashley wrote:
1 year ago

:lol: very true unfortunately. You can be as sensitive as humanly possible and it still wouldn't take long for things to go south
Exactly! :D

Ravenfreak
United States of America

Post by Ravenfreak »

Weboogle, you seem passionate about politics. I say, you should work on forums that you feel passionate about. Of course you're going to run into people that will have different opinions than yourself, but as long as people don't cause drama, a healthy debate is fine.