Here you can talk about all sorts of modern day technology and entertainment
247News

Post by 247News »

Apple's priciest Mac Pro costs $52,599 — 56% higher than typical U.S. income

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/apples-new ... -as-58600/

Would you buy it?! I wouldn't!

247News

Post by 247News »

It features a cheese grater-like design, and the base option comes with an 8-core Intel processor and 256 GB of storage, with upgrades available up to 28-core Intel and 1.5 TB of ECC memory. To add the 1.5 TB option to your basket, you'd need to set aside another $25,000.

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

247News wrote:
10 months ago
Apple's priciest Mac Pro costs $52,599 — 56% higher than typical U.S. income

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/apples-new ... -as-58600/

Would you buy it?! I wouldn't!
Not for this kind of money. You could pay your vehicle off with that kind of cash

Naiwen
Canada

Post by Naiwen »

I wouldn't either myself, lol! What features does it have that others don't?

247News

Post by 247News »

It features a cheese grater-like design, and the base option comes with an 8-core Intel processor and 256 GB of storage, with upgrades available up to 28-core Intel and 1.5 TB of ECC memory. To add the 1.5 TB option to your basket, you'd need to set aside another $25,000.

/repost

Naiwen
Canada

Post by Naiwen »

247News wrote:
6 months ago

/repost
It’s unnecessary to me personally.

MeowsePad
Forum Technician

Post by MeowsePad »

With these parts, the machine should cost way less than it does. For example, they claim that 1.5 TB of DDR4 ECC memory is $25,000. The cost is actually around $7,000. They are also claiming a price of $7,000 for a processor that has an MSRP of around $2,000. With Apple, you're always paying for the name. Apple seems to be sort of a status symbol for rich people when you could get a much faster PC for a fraction of the price.
Please vote for MeowsePad.org in the championship! https://forumpromotion.net/forum/thread ... et.163908/

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

MeowsePad wrote:
6 months ago
With these parts, the machine should cost way less than it does. For example, they claim that 1.5 TB of DDR4 ECC memory is $25,000. The cost is actually around $7,000. They are also claiming a price of $7,000 for a processor that has an MSRP of around $2,000. With Apple, you're always paying for the name. Apple seems to be sort of a status symbol for rich people when you could get a much faster PC for a fraction of the price.
This is why, when it comes to buying electronics in general, I always go for the cheaper, yet still fairly well known brands. Personally I don't care about brands in general. As long as I can afford it and it does what it's supposed to do, then I'm happy

Tagobs
Forum Technician
Norway

Post by Tagobs »

Of course I wouldn't. But we are not really the target group either. For professionals in larger corporations, especially within media, graphic design, video and audio, it miiiight be worth it. I can't really understand those companies who decide to order the Mac Pro instead of an equally powerful but cheaper model from another brand, but maybe it's a way for such companies to flex their cash muscles.