Your First Forum or Website?

Chat it up about everything related to owning a forum. Give your advice to other forum owners about what to do in certain situations, etc.
Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

Can you remember your first forum or website? Who were you hosted by? Is your site still in operation or has it long since closed its doors?

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

Star Live - muut.com/starlive - Oct 2 2015 - Still there.

Jerlene

Post by Jerlene »

I don't know why but I bought my first name as a domain and put a forum on it. It was actually pretty huge. lol I bought my hosting from Site Ground which was alright but I realized I could get more for way less money elsewhere so I eventually moved hosts. Plus, their support was almost non-existent. Moving hosts was an easy decision. :D I wish I could have that forum back though. I wish I knew what I was doing back then and held onto it.

Ash

Post by Ash »

It was a Club Penguin fan forum run on Forumotion. I was quite young so I ended up taking graphics from someone else's forum LMAO

Mozz

Post by Mozz »

My frost forum, was The Cottingley.net. i was a Mod on there.

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

Jerlene wrote:
1 year ago
I don't know why but I bought my first name as a domain and put a forum on it. It was actually pretty huge. lol I bought my hosting from Site Ground which was alright but I realized I could get more for way less money elsewhere so I eventually moved hosts. Plus, their support was almost non-existent. Moving hosts was an easy decision. :D I wish I could have that forum back though. I wish I knew what I was doing back then and held onto it.
If it makes you feel better I had a forum after my middle name and birth year.

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

Ashley wrote:
1 year ago
Jerlene wrote:
1 year ago
If it makes you feel better I had a forum after my middle name and birth year.
Marie 1988 Forum?! Lol.

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

Hey, be fair buddy. It was one of my first ever general discussion forum and I couldn't think of a name at the time so that's what I wound up using for the sites name.

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

It’s all good. I’m sure it was successful.

Ravenfreak
United States of America

Post by Ravenfreak »

I remember Marie 1988! As for my first forum, it's this one:
http://pkmnmod.forumotion.com/forum
Back when it first opened there was a custom made banner that one of my friends from the Sonic community made for us, and the theme was better IMO. I must have changed it randomly back in 2014, but the forum opened in 2009. My cousin, friend and girlfriend were staff on the forum. xD