First theme form the ground up

Chat it up about everything related to owning a forum. Give your advice to other forum owners about what to do in certain situations, etc.
Tagobs
Forum Technician
Norway

Post by Tagobs »

Hey guys!

Lately I've been working a little bit on a new forum theme, which will be the first one I've built from the ground up. The main goal of making it is just so that I can learn more about web design, but if I end up finishing it I just might release it as well. I've added a couple of screenshots!

Do you guys have any feedback?

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

Looks amazing. I really don't have any negative feedback at all that I can think of
Proud owner and founder of Image since April 2019

Tagobs
Forum Technician
Norway

Post by Tagobs »

Ashley wrote:
1 year ago
Looks amazing. I really don't have any negative feedback at all that I can think of
Thank you! :)

___
Great Britain

Post by ___ »

It looks great, it looks a bit like the Chatting Time style. Is it for phpBB forums?

digital
Great Britain

Post by digital »

That looks really nice, very modern and professional. It is hard to believe that it is just your very first theme from the ground up - it looks very good!

Naiwen
Canada

Post by Naiwen »

My 1st one ever is the "Hello Kitty" theme on my proboards general chat forum that I've made entirely from scratch learning all by myself online CSS coding.

Tagobs
Forum Technician
Norway

Post by Tagobs »

___ wrote:
1 year ago
It looks great, it looks a bit like the Chatting Time style. Is it for phpBB forums?
Thank you! I guess I'm doomed to repeat some styling choices from when I made the style for Chatting Time, hehe. Yes, it's for phpBB.
digital wrote:
1 year ago
That looks really nice, very modern and professional. It is hard to believe that it is just your very first theme from the ground up - it looks very good!
Thank you, that warms my heart!
Naiwen wrote:
1 year ago
My 1st one ever is the "Hello Kitty" theme on my proboards general chat forum that I've made entirely from scratch learning all by myself online CSS coding.
Everyone gotta start to learn somewhere!

MofaMF
Vietnam

Post by MofaMF »

I really dig simple and modern designs. Simple being the use of only a few colours, rather than a hundred different ones.

I really like it Tagobs. Fantastic job!

Kyng
Great Britain

Post by Kyng »

It's excellent for a first theme :O . Looks very clean, modern, and professional.

The only thing I will say is, the shadows in the Login field look a little odd in the top left: I wonder whether they'd look better in the bottom right. But, maybe that's just me :P .
#ForzaJules 1989-2015