Invision Community is coming out with iOS and Android Apps!

Chat it up about everything related to owning a forum. Give your advice to other forum owners about what to do in certain situations, etc.
Thomasss

Post by Thomasss »

It's a long awaited feature I feel like, where forums are natively supported via iOS and Android apps. Well, Invision Community is making it happen for their cloud program!

Check it out here: https://invisioncommunity.com/news/prod ... eta-r1183/

What does everyone think about this? Of course, add-on's and some theme features will not work, only native supported features will be supported. It will also only allow sites on their cloud program without the option of white labeling available, even though they have said they might support it in the future.

Will this feature encourage you to use IPB forums, or encourage some to create one on their platform?

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

I like the overall concept, but not sure if it's something I'd use though
Proud owner and founder of Image since April 2019

Naiwen
Canada

Post by Naiwen »

Personally, I don’t like IPB, thence I could care less for their apps and software.

Tagobs
Forum Technician
Norway

Post by Tagobs »

Naiwen wrote:
1 year ago
Personally, I don’t like IPB, thence I could care less for their apps and software.
What is it you don't like about IPB? And surely, even if you don't like IPB, you'll have to admit that its a plus to have mobile apps?

Naiwen
Canada

Post by Naiwen »

Tagobs wrote:
1 year ago
Naiwen wrote:
1 year ago
What is it you don't like about IPB? And surely, even if you don't like IPB, you'll have to admit that its a plus to have mobile apps?
The software design. And since I can't to afford to pay for my online hobbies, for me it's a major downside. In fact, it's my least favorite paid forum software ever. I much prefer Xenforo over it anytime.