How do you decide when to open your forum's doors?

Chat it up about everything related to owning a forum. Give your advice to other forum owners about what to do in certain situations, etc.
Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

It’s all luck.

Webster

Post by Webster »

Depends on the forum; some forums prefer to have a hard open, where the board opens up all at once, while others prefer a soft open where the board's open as things are being worked on....

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle »

Work in progress.

___
Great Britain

Post by ___ »

Create an MVP (minimum viable product) and just launch it. If you have a big reveal it just adds pressure to getting everything perfect.

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

___ wrote:
1 year ago
Create an MVP (minimum viable product) and just launch it. If you have a big reveal it just adds pressure to getting everything perfect.
But on the same hand, if you have a big opening, this can be an excellent opportunity to ask for feedback and opinions from members who join the first day the site goes live. I've always liked to launch sites as I worked on them, as they gave me an opportunity to say things like ok, this is where we're at so far, can anyone think of any other ideas? Obviously, that tactic won't work for everyone, but if you're the kind of person who likes to have people pitch in with ideas, then this may be a good idea
Proud owner and founder of Image since April 2019