Foldable smartphones

Here you can talk about all sorts of modern day technology and entertainment
Kyng
Great Britain

Post by Kyng »

Kokushibo wrote:
1 month ago
So I have seen a lot about them online but never seen a single person using one in public. Outside of Youtube reviews I never see anybody having them even though they are promoted online a lot it seems. Personally I don't think I would ever get one as I don't see the need for a screen I can fold in half and I feel it will just wear on the screen and break it over time.
I've never seen a single person using one in public either. But I suspect that's because not many have been sold yet: they're still too expensive for the average consumer, and they're not robust or reliable enough to justify the price tag.

With that said, if and when they do become affordable (and they don't fall apart so easily), I would love to get one!
#ForzaJules 1989-2015

Ashley
Forum Manager
United States of America

Post by Ashley »

It seems like a neat concept but much too expensive. Smart phones are still cheaper.
Proud owner and founder of Image since April 2019

Kyng
Great Britain

Post by Kyng »

Ashley wrote:
3 weeks ago
It seems like a neat concept but much too expensive. Smart phones are still cheaper.
Well, that's true for the time being - but I expect the cost will come down in time, like it did with regular smartphones (and regular phones before them!!!)
#ForzaJules 1989-2015