Political forum

Chat it up about everything related to owning a forum. Give your advice to other forum owners about what to do in certain situations, etc.
Weboogle

Re: Political forum

Post by Weboogle » Fri May 31, 2019 10:36 pm

True. Thanks for the advice.

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:45 am

People want their voices to be heard.

DaxAdler

Post by DaxAdler » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 am

I have a political forum I will say just host it yourself on your own server. There are to many sensitive people now in companies that will just shut you down. One bad post and you can lose any work that wasn't backed up. Plus the hassle of rebuilding the work and possible broken links that google hates. Its something that I personally enjoy and try to get as much truth out as possible. If you do create the site please send me a link to check it out. Always looking for good reading material. If you would like to check mine out and maybe get a idea of the structure I used feel free is www.govblacklist.com if links aren't allowed here please just delete. Mine may be a little more data that you were looking to get into politically but I wouldn't put my site on a hosted server to risky. Also if you plan on advertising its difficult to even play by the rules when rates are cheap. During an election the cost of ads is far higher than I would be comfortable with personally.
Mostly into Gaming and Politics.
I have two websites that I run for each addiction. lol
www.GovBlacklist.com
www.After9Gaming.com

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:37 am

@DaxAdler Maybe we should have a joint venture together.

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:40 am

How to make this project a reality?

jasony

Post by jasony » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:22 am

People into politics often cannot accept opposing views. Especially, they can't accept such views if they are extremist ones. I mean, a white supremacist won't last long on a lot of mainstream forums. Well, myself, I'm willing to tolerate such views - but I would hope the anti views would drown them out! I mean, trolls and whatnot won't hang around places where they're not getting the attention.
DaxAdler wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 am
I have a political forum I will say just host it yourself on your own server. There are to many sensitive people now in companies that will just shut you down. One bad post and you can lose any work that wasn't backed up. Plus the hassle of rebuilding the work and possible broken links that google hates. Its something that I personally enjoy and try to get as much truth out as possible. If you do create the site please send me a link to check it out. Always looking for good reading material. If you would like to check mine out and maybe get a idea of the structure I used feel free is www.govblacklist.com if links aren't allowed here please just delete. Mine may be a little more data that you were looking to get into politically but I wouldn't put my site on a hosted server to risky. Also if you plan on advertising its difficult to even play by the rules when rates are cheap. During an election the cost of ads is far higher than I would be comfortable with personally.
Well, that might be too much. In fact, there is quite a bit of "free speech hosting" out there - and it's affordable. However, though, even on free speech hosting - I'd avoid breaking national laws. In other words, don't post violent threats etc..

Webster

Post by Webster » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:56 am

Ashley wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:15 am
Weboogle wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:49 am
Creating a political forum is a good idea or bad idea?
I'd use my own discretion if I were you. Politics are a seriously touchy subject for loads of people, and there are people like me who prefer not to take sides at all...to stay out of it, which is why I don't even participate in political discussions here too often.
What Ashley said; its' wholly discretionary.