Paid Or Free

Feed - Hosting and DomainsHosting and Domains
Talk about everything related to domains, hosting sites, etc. here.
jasony

Re: Paid Or Free

Post by jasony »

Cameron Taylor wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:17 am
Paid hosting works. Free hosting works. There isn't right or wrong answer as far as this goes. You can have an awesome paid host with no downtime and no issues whatsoever, but you can also have an awful paid host with tons of issues. On the other end, there are good free hosts, and there are plenty of bad free hosts. 000webhost is one I would avoid like the plague.
Yeah, free hosting - without ads - is certainly up in the air. I mean, I'm guessing you wouldn't know what your getting. Well, in that case, I'd want to do a lot of research, but probably I just wouldn't use it! I mean, some have mentioned fixed incomes and stuff - but really, hosting isn't that much. In fact, a really techie person can probably find a VPS/Reseller for dirt cheap.

Naiwen

Post by Naiwen »

I've never paid for anything online except Netflix and my music app.

zoldos

Post by zoldos »

Cameron Taylor wrote:
Paid hosting works. Free hosting works. There isn't right or wrong answer as far as this goes. You can have an awesome paid host with no downtime and no issues whatsoever, but you can also have an awful paid host with tons of issues. On the other end, there are good free hosts, and there are plenty of bad free hosts. 000webhost is one I would avoid like the plague.
Free hosts where you can create your own site from scratch with full FTP access, or free hosted forums? There is a huge difference....

Naiwen

Post by Naiwen »

zoldos wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:35 am
Cameron Taylor wrote:
Free hosts where you can create your own site from scratch with full FTP access, or free hosted forums? There is a huge difference....
Agreeing with @zoldos!

247News

Post by 247News »

Free stuff is good to get.

Ashley
Site Admin

Post by Ashley »

247News wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:00 pm
Free is great but not always reliable

247News

Post by 247News »

So true. Free stuff isn't that reliable, but its great/good

zoldos

Post by zoldos »

247News wrote:
You clearly have never run a real site. Free offers less control, lower resources, usually ads, and generally an unstable environment with poor tech support.

If someone wants to run a serious site, they are going to need a decent, paid host.

Ashley
Site Admin

Post by Ashley »

zoldos wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:43 am
247News wrote:
You clearly have never run a real site. Free offers less control, lower resources, usually ads, and generally an unstable environment with poor tech support.

If someone wants to run a serious site, they are going to need a decent, paid host.
Exactly. I've been doing this off and on for a decade, it's basically where the old saying of if it's too good to be true it probably is

zoldos

Post by zoldos »

20+ years for me. My very first site in 1997 was on a paid host. :)