Selling and Buying Domains

Feed - Hosting and DomainsHosting and Domains
Talk about everything related to domains, hosting sites, etc. here.
jasony

Selling and Buying Domains

Post by jasony » Thu May 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Who has done either? Note, in regards to buying, I don't mean registering directly from the company (NameCheap etc.) but rather, buying from an actual person.

O.K. tell me your stories and are there any notable sells or buys? :)

Weboogle

Re: Selling and Buying Domains

Post by Weboogle » Thu May 09, 2019 10:46 pm

I found two good sites to buy domains: brandbucket.com and Brandpa.com

jasony

Post by jasony » Fri May 31, 2019 2:08 pm

A dilemma with domaining - the buying and selling of domains - is whether to go for the end-users, someone in the middle, or a quick sale. Anyway, there are several levels to middle. I normally go for just above the quick sale.

Well, I'd like to go for the end-user or someone somewhat higher - but I don't have the skill to get the end-user and I'm impatient - as I need money to fund projects.

Jerlene

Post by Jerlene » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:50 am

Domaining was one of the first ventures I got into when I started tinkering with making money online. It was really fun when the market was booming, but it suffered a big drop and never fully recovered so I got out of that business. I don't know how many domains I bought or sold but I know it was quite a bit. As far as the price range goes, it was all over the place. I bought and sold domains for anywhere between $x and $xxxx.

Ashley
Site Admin

Post by Ashley » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:15 pm

Jerlene wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:50 am
Domaining was one of the first ventures I got into when I started tinkering with making money online. It was really fun when the market was booming, but it suffered a big drop and never fully recovered so I got out of that business. I don't know how many domains I bought or sold but I know it was quite a bit. As far as the price range goes, it was all over the place. I bought and sold domains for anywhere between $x and $xxxx.
You charged four figures for a domain? Wow

jasony

Post by jasony » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:29 am

Domaining is massively frustrating - and I don't think it's from being a "sucky domainer". I mean, I know the tricks of the trade, but I can't seem to sell anything above $40. In fact, that's even way below liquidation level.

Anyhow, I might continue with my plans to use domaining to fund online projects - but it's going to take tons more of domains to get the same money. You're talking about an inventory of maybe 5,000 - 7,000 dollars!
Jerlene wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:50 am
I find that very irritating! Maybe one day I will know what you're doing, ha ha!

Weboogle

Post by Weboogle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:48 pm

Tons of sites are for sale.

jasony

Post by jasony » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:26 pm

Well, follow up, I'm pretty much out of domaining, ha ha, Well, I figure now it's like other businesses. In other words, it's going to take a social media and/or email list - and I'd rather use my ad funds for music (online music project).

O.K., the reason for a list is simply the fact - domaining is just too tough. There's no chance of even selling liquidation domains - well, that is, without a list. However, though, with a list, who knows, perhaps end-users are a possibility! I mean, domains are being sold to end-users. How are they doing it?